Membership and Policies
Library membership is free to residents of Bennington, North Bennington, Woodford, and Shaftsbury.
Non-residents (individuals who do not live or pay taxes in Bennington, North Bennington, Woodford, or Shaftsbury) may purchase library membership at the following rates:
Non-resident yearly membership rates (effective March 1, 2011):
$25.00 per Family, $19.00 per Individual, $5.00 per student (Grade 12 and under)
• The Library reserves the right to ask for verification of residency before issuing a borrower’s card.
• College students, whether living on campus or in temporary housing, are considered non-residents.
• The last membership rate change was enacted in 2004.
*Library card must be presented when borrowing or renewing items at the library.
Loan Periods – Click HERE for complete Checkout Rules and Limits and information about accessing your online library account.
Interlibrary loan outside our Catamount Library Network is available: Interlibrary Loan Policy and Interlibrary Loan Procedure
Copying – a black and white copier is available to the public. The price per copy is $0.15 per page.
Public Access Computers – Ten computers are available for public use in the Reference Area.
• Computer users must sign in with Reference staff
• Computer users are guaranteed 30 minutes but may stay longer if demand permits. Computer users are given a 15-minute warning and must finish if there is another request for a computer.
• Computer users must follow the Library’s Electronic Resources Policy and the Electronic Resources Policy - Children's Room.
Community Room Use:
• The library has three community rooms available for public use.
• Click HERE for Meeting Room Policy, Rates, and Application.
• For more information, call the library 802-442-9051.
Please see the Policies & Procedures page for more information about using the library.